Ok, so been away for a little bit...ok quite a while due to the various illnesses, ailments, holidays, busy-ness etc etc but I'm back and posting my overdue but also timely thoughts on TDKR.
The reason it's timely is that I've just rewatched it on Blu-ray my 2nd viewing, the first was on the day of the release and I didn't want to post on it then for obvious reasons.
So my initial thoughts on a 2nd viewing were still....what an excellent film and that this was filmmaking on an epic scale. However I also now think on a 2nd viewing is that TDKR is the weakest of the trilogy...and in a trilogy of this high a standard that is by no means a derogatory statement.
Greetings all, guess what film I'm just been to see and am about to share my thoughts on!
Before I start I will confess to being a little biased as I still very much had a' why?' frame of mind towards this movie after Sam Raimi's excellent.....well the first 2...Spider-man films.
Overall The Amazing Spider-man is a very enjoyable film with (for me quite a number of flaws)
The biggest flaw for me was the amount of time Spider-man spends with his mask off and how many people know his 'secret' identity. C'mon on Spidey...not everyone needs to know, not much of a secret otherwise is it!
• In "2001: A Space Odyssey" there are scenes with music, and there are scenes with dialogue, but never both.
• In Jurassic Park, when Dr. Grant goes to buckle his seatbelt on the helicopter he finds he's stuck with two "female" ends of a seatbelt. He fixes the problem by tying the two ends together. This parallels the dinosaurs reproducing even though they are supposed to all be female. • "Life will find a way."
• In snakes on a plane when Samuel L Jackson microwaves the snake, he presses the button marked 'snake'.
• In Fight Club when the narrator (Edward Norton) receives the call back at the pay phone from Tyler Durden saying he star 69ed him, the pay phone says "No Incoming Calls" on it.
• In Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Lector never blinks
• In the Big Lebowski, we never actually see the Dude bowl. He has a bowling ball and we see him at the alley, but he never actually bowls.
• The word "Ewok" is never said in any of the Star Wars movies, they were just marketed so much that it has become commonplace.
• In the Fifth Element, Korben Dallas (protagonist) and Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg (antagonist) never actually meet each other.
• In the scene before Ron Burgundy is fired in Anchorman, he eats at a restaurant called Escupimos en su Alimento, which translates to "we spit in your food".
These and more on these thread on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/vmpdt/what_ is_a_small_amazing_detail_you_ have_seen_in_a/
Hi and thanks for the kind introduction.
Before we start, despite my username on here I don't work for the FBI!! 🙂
I'll be posting occasional blogs on here, I'm going to aim for something like 1 a week. Some weeks I might post more other times maybe not, but generally I'll be bringing my thoughts to you on various films and tv shows and any other things I think might be of interest to you. It might not always be new stuff either, if I'm catching re-runs of a particular show or have just caught an old movie on tv.
Please do feel free to let me know your thoughts on my musings whether you agree or disagree.
Just to get us started I'm going to let you know what tv shows I've got on series record on my tivo. If anyone wants any more info on the shows I list please feel free to ask.
So at the moment we have (in no particular order)
Leverage, Law & Order SVU, Grimm, The Closer, Castle, CSI, Once upon a time, 2 Broke girls, Breakout Kings, Episodes, Fear Itself, A town called Eureka, HIMYM, Don't trust the b**** in apartment 23, Hell on Wheels, Royal Pains, Bedlam, Revenge, Borgen, Body of proof, Dead Boss, Prime Suspect (US), Line of duty and (the returning next week) Falling skies .
Normally there'd be a good few more than that but it's the TV off season (if you will) at the moment.
Anyway look forward to hearing back from you with any feedback.
Stay classy Subtafuge!